Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps operates the https://www.puresoapiness.co.uk website.
These conditions shall apply to all sales transactions between Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps and the purchaser placing an order with Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps for the supply of any goods.
We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any products to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- Purchasing Goods: When purchasing goods on this website you agree that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate and current in all respects and does not refer to any other person. The customer is expected to provide accurate, current and valid payment details that correspond to the customer alone and not another individual.
You place your order request for goods from the website by clicking on the confirm order button at the end of the order process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website.
Payment for items is through Paypal, a secure online payment method. You have the option to log on to Paypal and use your account balance and/or registered accounts or to simply purchase items with a credit card. You are not required to have a Paypal account if you’d prefer to purchase with a card via Paypal.
Once you have placed your order, we will send you an acknowledgement providing you with a payment reference and the value of your order. We will retain the legal ownership of the goods until full payment has been made by you and such payment has been received by us. Legal ownership of the goods will immediately revert to us if we refund any such payment to you.
Any unauthorised use of our site (for example, use of a coupon that is not genuine) may result in your order being refused with a full refund.
- Pricing and description of goods: Prices for goods on the website are as quoted; VAT is not charged on any item. Cost for delivery and standard packaging will be added at checkout; these costs are as stated.
- Delivery: We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We endeavour to make sure pricing is correct at time of publishing, but reserve the right to change prices due to error or supplier changes. The customer will be informed of price changes accordingly.
We attempt to be as accurate as possible when describing our products on the website; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colours, information or other content available on the website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
Whilst every effort is made to accurately describe products on the website, the photographic image is only a general representation of the product. All items are handmade in small batches and, as such, there may be slight variations between individual soaps and soap batches in terms of colour, pattern, scent and texture, none of which will affect product quality. The swirl pattern inside, and on top of, soaps will vary within one soap batch due to the nature of the swirl itself and the behaviour of the soap batter at time of pouring. Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps reserve the right to make a change to a design.
Handmade pottery items will also vary, and it is not possible to guarantee that purchases will exactly match the images shown. Natural leaves are used as patterns for the soap dishes and are not available all year round, therefore some styles can only be made at certain times. Due to the nature of clay, it can vary from batch to batch. Glaze colours will vary depending on the thickness of glaze applied and the reaction of the glaze when fired in the pottery kiln.
- Care of soap and precautions: Once purchased, soaps should be stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight, until use. After each use, the soap should be placed on a free-draining soap dish clear of standing water, to allow it to dry out. Failure to do this may cause the soap to become very soft.
Where possible, natural colours are used. Although highly unlikely, it is possible that these may cause staining of pale fabrics.
The soap is for external use only and suitable for ages from 3 years. Should any irritation occur please discontinue use.
As with all new products, it is advisable to check on a small area of skin before main use. Some essential oils contain potential allergens that may cause adverse reactions in some individuals. These are clearly stated on the website and the product labelling in accordance with current EU regulations. If a customer has a known sensitivity to an ingredient or allergen, it is their responsibility to check the ingredients list of the product prior to purchase.
Nut allergies: All our soaps contain at least one ‘nut’ oil. They all contain Shea Nut Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) and all but one variety contains Almond Oil.
- Packaging: Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps will try to use compostable packaging such as cardboard boxes and glassine paper and will aim to keep packaging to a minimum. As far as possible, plastic packaging is not used.
- Delivery: We promise to ship our products to you in a safe, secure and reliable manner and to deal promptly with any concern you may have regarding your order.
We will make every effort to despatch orders within 3 working days of receipt; in most instances, within 24 hours. Proof of despatch will be obtained by Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps and will be available upon request.
As far as possible, we seek to reuse packaging material to help reduce our impact on the environment; this will also include the outer container.
Standard delivery for parcels will be by parcel courier or Royal Mail.
Shipping charge on orders under £35 will be a flat rate of £4.
If the delivery is returned to Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps, re-delivery will not be possible and the order will be cancelled and refunded in full. Proof of despatch will be obtained by Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps. The customer may request that the item be left in a nominated safe place. It will then be the responsibility of the customer, not Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps, should the order subsequently go missing or suffer damage once left by the postman/courier; no refund or replacement of goods will be offered in such a situation.
Should first class delivery be required, please contact us to arrange costs.
General information re: delivery
Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps does not accept any liability whatsoever for delayed delivery caused by a third party. As soon as you have received the goods, you will assume all risk in the goods. Upon delivery of the goods to you, we will also provide you with sufficient details to enable you to:
a) exercise your right of cancellation; and b) address any intended cancellation or complaints to the correct place of business.
If you have not received the entire order, as detailed in the order confirmation email sent to you when an order is received, please contact Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps within 3 days of receipt of goods.
Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps accepts no liability for any loss resulting from the customer’s failure to comply with our carrier’s delivery.
We currently only ship to the UK (excluding Highlands and Islands and Isle of Man). We do not ship outside of the UK nor international orders at this time.
- Returns and Cancellations: Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order in accordance with the cancellation conditions as stated below, our acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we have dispatched the goods ordered by you.
We may not accept your order if an item you have ordered is out of stock, we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment or if we identify a product or pricing error. We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time.
If we are unable to fulfil your order following our order acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this.
If you are not satisfied and wish to return the goods ordered, you must notify us within 7 days of receiving your order. We will refund only unused products, returned to us in fully re-saleable condition, including undamaged, sealed packaging and labelling for individual items (e.g. soap boxes), within 21 days
We must be notified of incorrect or damaged orders within 3 days of receipt. If you cancel an order after despatch, this will incur a 10% surcharge. Where the reason for return is NOT due to an error made by Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps, all return costs incurred will be the customer’s responsibility and a refund for items will not be issued until the goods are received back in an unused (and, where applicable, unopened) and fully resaleable condition.
- Complaints and Customer Service: The purchaser should inform Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps immediately of any problems either by emailing Jacquie@puresoapiness.co.uk or by phoning 07719150330.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us and, as such, we will aim to deal with your complaint within 5 working days; in most instances we will aim to deal with your complaint within 48 hours.
The customer is welcome to contact us on any issue relating to their order, or for any general enquiries by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Privacy: By using the website, you are responsible for all actions that occur in relation to your account.
Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps collects the information provided by the customer at the time of ordering and uses this information lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information is used to process the customer’s order and also to provide the highest level of customer service possible. Customer data is encrypted via a secure payment site.
Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps will not sell, or pass on, customer details to any third party. If you order from us, we may contact you about your order and we may, on occasion, e-mail or write to you with information about our products and special offers. If you would prefer not to receive any promotional material at all from us, please let us know.
- Limitation of Liability: We will use reasonable endeavours to carry out our obligations in a reasonable time but will not be liable to the customer for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any delays and we will not be deemed to be in breach of this agreement by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform, any obligations in relation to this agreement, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
If prevented from carrying out our obligations we will notify you in writing. If we are still prevented 3 weeks from the date of such notice then either party may give notice cancelling the agreement. If the agreement is cancelled in this way we accept no liability to compensate you for any loss or damage caused by failure to perform
Except where the buyer is dealing as consumer (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 section 12) we do not give any warranty, guarantee or indemnity as to quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of the goods.
Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we will not be liable to the buyer for any loss of profit, any indirect special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims arising out of or in connection with the supply of goods other than as a result of a breach of an obligation arising under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1973.
We attempt to be as accurate as possible when describing our products on the Site; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions, colours, information or other content available on the Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
As with all new products, it is advisable to check on a small area of skin before main use. Some essential oils used contain potential allergens. Those are clearly stated on the reverse of the labelling in accordance with current EU regulations. In some individuals those substances can cause adverse reactions.
Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps is a member of the Guild of Craft Soap and Toiletry Manufacturers and The New Forest Marque. Our products are manufactured in strict accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice and are fully safety assessed (according to our safety assessment by an independent cosmetic chemist) and found to be safe and in compliance with EU regulations. We do not accept responsibility for the misuse of our products. It is the responsibility of the customer to use the products with discretion and check with a professional if in doubt.
All products are checked carefully before dispatch to the customer. We cannot be held responsible for deterioration of the products due to the customer’s incorrect storage conditions e.g, exposure to direct sunlight, heat etc. The customer should ensure that the products are stored in cool and dry conditions prior to use. During use, soap should be set to drain freely in a slotted soap dish and not be allowed to sit in water. All soaps have a BBE date of 6 months after opening. Use beyond this date does not imply deterioration at all and soap kept in optimum conditions may last for many years. Non-soap products have BBE date of at least 9 months from manufacture; most products will be perfectly usable for longer, however their quality may start to deteriorate if kept beyond this time or if stored in unsuitable conditions.
Website: All content available on the website is the property of Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps and is protected by UK and international copyright laws. Nothing may be reproduced in whole or part by electronic means or in print without the prior written permission of the company. We are not responsible for the content of any off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the website.
- Jurisdiction and Contact details: Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, relevant United Kingdom law and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Agreement.
None of the above terms affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Contact: Jacquie’s Artisan Soaps, Jaundrells Studio, 4 Jaundrells Close, New Milton. Email: email@example.com